Let’s grow together
Come work with us
Founded in 2010, Midwest Independent Living Services (MILS) is a local, family-owned service provider supporting individuals with mental, physical, or developmental disabilities to live their most self-directed, enriching lives possible.
Demand has never been higher for the services we provide. Applications are always welcome for full-time or part-time Direct Support Professionals (DSP) within a 35-miles radius of Belle Plaine, Minnesota.
DSPs support the people we serve in learning and developing skills that enable them to live independent lives. Our services are provided both in the person’s home and out in the community. They are completed one-on-one, and we strive to match each DSP with a person that fits their skill sets. Previous experience is not necessary, but a passion to help individuals learn, develop, and succeed is a must.
- Promote a person’s independence through training, coaching, and encouragement.
- Assist a person with activities of daily living (chores, organization, budgeting, etc.).
- Be patient, adaptable, and compassionate in a variety of situations.
- Provide transportation within the community for personal or programming needs.
- Document shift activities, programming progress, and necessary updates upon shift completion.
- 18 years or older
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Current and valid personal auto insurance
- Must pass a DHS background check
What’s In It for You:
- Dental, 401(k)
- Flexible Schedule
- No Weekend or Holiday Work